Friday, August 8, 2008

I'M A SURVIVOR

I did it! I survived the girls soccer retreat! It surprised me by being a lot of fun. I stopped at the store before I went and picked up some chips, cookies, candy & drinks as Chel had called me and told me they were all starving and to bring food and a box fan(for her personal convenience while sleeping). No one had brought snacks and all the camp included was meals. When I first arrived, I was attacked by 3 starving 16 year olds. After the team volleyball game, they did have a campfire that included S'mores! YUMMY!! Then a couple of games of Mafia, and lights out at 12:45ish.
This is what our tent/cabin looked like, and all I could envision was a night filled with heat, humidity & bugs. But, the night cooled off and we were so deep in the country you could see every star in the sky. Note to self: next time bring flashlight. We kept our tent doors open with the light on until we went to sleep and the bugs were minimal; just a few moths.
Not far from us, we did have a bathhouse with running water; Praise god for that!! And we did have a ceiling fan in the tent cabin.
I left first thing the next morning as we chaperones only needed to be there during the sleeping hours, and I desperately needed a shower in my own home.

No comments: