I have listened to the song that is playing again and again over the past week since Sandie went to the bridge so unexpectedly. I know the lyrics were intended for our human loved ones, yet to me they seem to apply to any loved one, furry or not. I have shed at least 1 million tears, and I can't yet bring myself to talk about it to anyone as I just fall apart. So this blog is my outlet, please bear with me . Thank you to those who have sent such kind words, they help more than you know. "Homesick"
You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you
I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home
I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
In Christ, there are no goodbye
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
And I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now



5 comments:
The song brought tears to our eyes. We are so sorry that you are hurting.
We believe that when you love someone and they love you, you exchange a part of your hearts. It forms a bond that nothing can break. Even if you can't see your loved one for a while, they will never truly leave you, because there is always a part of them living in your heart.
(((hugs)))
It is so hard to lose a furry companion, and it must be doubly hard when it is so unexpected. I believe that with each tear you shed, your heart heals a little more. And, one day, you will think of Sandie with smiles instead of tears. {{hugs}} to you.
I can't read those words - only made it through 3 lines before the tears were flowing - but I know Sandie's spirit is still with you. I lost my cat Panther unexpectedly 2 1/2 years ago so I know what you are going through.
Eventually the sadness and tears will lessen and be replaced with smiles and fond memories. Sending you comforting thoughts.
Sandie is at home in your heart right now.
(((Hugs))) We want you to know we have you in our prayers.
That's beautiful, although we couldn't make it all the way through either. {{{hugs}}} to you.
Purrs,
Luxie
Post a Comment