This weekend we were lucky enough to attend a soccer tournament in Alabama; the forecast 50's with rain, rain and more rain. I don't think it stopped raining from the time we got there on Fri afternoon, until we left mid-day Sunday. The fields were beautiful when we started the weekend, but with each passing game you could see this turning into the mudbowl! The coach had the girls roll around on the ground during warmups just to get the wetness over with. We slightly deranged parents threw on the ever attractive rain poncho's, threw up the umbrella's and did our best to cheer on the group of 12 year olds. These girls had more fun playing in the semi-cold rain with an extra 5 pounds of soaked soccer gear hanging from their lanky bodies and rolling around in the mud then I have ever seen them have in any other games. The sad part is we have no pictures, but if we did I think these two pictures would say it all:
Soccer Players in the rain:

Soccer Parent's watching in the rain:




4 comments:
Great photos to illustrate your weekend! We've been getting a lot of rain here in the Pacific Northwest too which is pretty common. Hopefully the sun returns soon!
Excellent illustrations! I wish we could have some of your rain. Everything here is getting all dried up and crispy.
Funny pictures! :) We've been pretty dry, but that's usual.
HaHaHaHaHa!
Post a Comment