If you check to the right, you will notice that Lexi's description no longer has "the foster puppy" in it. That is because we have taken the leap and adopted her into our family forever! We had been thinking for the last couple of weeks that it had been too long and that it would make her sad if we gave her away. Would she be thinking "what did I do wrong?" or "why didn't you want me?" Well, this weekend she had a serious inquiry to adopt her, and it was then and there that we decided that we could no longer let her go.
Really, I would have been ok in the first couple of months, but we are going on 3 months and it has been too long. Chelsea (in tears) had threatened to never speak to me again if I let Lexi go, which at first sounds sad, but anyone with a 16 year old knows that that threat actually sounds tempting! John was really the pro-adopter in all this, he was the one that pushed for it. As much as I wanted to adopt her, I felt like I was failing as a foster mom if I did.
Well........ call me a failure, because I have already moved on:
Well........ call me a failure, because I have already moved on:




No comments:
Post a Comment