Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A New Puppy (NO, not for me)

God works in mysterious ways. For some reason unknown to me, I checked the CCR (puppy rescue) website this morning and saw the cutest little puppy. Of course they are all cute, but this one had that something. Not sure what, but just that "something". Marty, the cavalier king charles spaniel, who was rescued from a puppy mill. I instantly thought in my heart "what a great little puppy for Grammy". But I wasn't sure that the rescue would adopt a dog out to someone who lived so far away or that this would even be the dog that she has been hoping for. Time to put the plan in motion.................

First, a call to Grammy where I casually mention this puppy. She checks the website and calls me back in 10 minutes to see if I will make a call to get her this puppy. I call Candace the Rescue Saint, and she tells me the puppy was just put on the website and she already has 6 calls on him. But, since I am a foster mom my call gets priority. We complete the application and it's a done deal. Grammy will be here on Friday and on Saturday at 10:00 this sweet precious little puppy will be an extended member of our family.

No comments: