Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sad Saturday

I have come to call Saturdays, Sad Saturdays as this is the day of week my heart usually breaks. It is the day my fosters leave for their forever homes. These sweet precious pups who fought so long and hard to survive and become healthy are leaving today for their forever homes. Actually, two are going to foster homes in New England where I expect they will be adopted within a few days. It's that bittersweet feeling.
I will go continue to hug on them now until it is time to go :-(

7 comments:

Forever Foster said...

I know exactly what you mean! Even when you know it's going to be a lovely life for them, it can be so hard letting them go! If only we could keep them all:)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I khan only imagine the mix of emotions!

Mom knows some of them from her own experience during transports.

She also gets to see the emails from the foster(s) when the transport(s) are khomplete.

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Mom is doing a leg fur a Brittany reskhue on Sunday!

BeadedTail said...

I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to see your fosters go off to their furever homes. It has to be very bittersweet. But, on the positive side it allows the opportunity for you to get more fosters to give the much needed love and guidance you provide as they wait for their furever homes! Thank you for all you do for the animals!

The Creek Cats said...

Letting go of the fosters is never easy, especially when you've seen them through sickness. We know this is very sad for you so we are sending you our best comforting vibes. You have made such a huge difference in their lives! Bless you for that!

Lin said...

Oh, that is sad that you have to say goodbye. But as a person on the receiving end of those good foster families, I have to thank you. Thanks for raising these little guys and making them so sweet and well-adjusted. All my kitties have come from foster situations, and I'm so very grateful that their foster families gave them up to come live with us. Give them a kiss of luck from me too, will ya?

ScoopYourDawgsPoop said...

Man, I would be sadden and happy at the same time. Bittersweet is a great way to explain that emotion. I feel bad for ya. But at least your getting another round soon right!?

Anonymous said...

It has to be very bittersweet.
Thank you for all you do for the animals!

--
Vince
Best Affordable Security Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV