Friday, January 16, 2009

Brrrrr... it's so cold & we are so busy!

I haven't done a very good job of profiling the rest of my furbabies, but I will get started soon.
We (like the rest of the nation) are in the middle of a cold snap. They even canceled school today, not because of snow, but just because it is so cold they do not want children out at bus stops or walking to school. So, its a four day weekend with Monday being MLK day!

Today we pick up a new foster; Jethro, a 55 pound coonhound. He was dumped at the dump and rescued there by someone who was only able to foster him as an outside dog. With these single digit temps, they knew he needed to get warm and called CCR for help. He will be warm and snuggly with us as he awaits his forever home. Please keep all the homeless animals living out on the cold streets in your prayers.
Tonight, after a week of 5 soccer games & 3 basketball games, we will be hosting KK's middle school basketball team sleepover of ten 12/13 year old girls. Should be pretty easy as they are old enough to take care of themselves, I'll just show them the food and drinks and they are on their own.

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Jethro has such a soulful face. I am so glad to learn that he is safe and warm because of you.

BeadedTail said...

What a sweet face! I'm glad you were able to give him a warm place to stay.

Forever Foster said...

That sounds COLD! We are very glad that Jethro has a safe place to stay warm and fed. He must be so relieved to have found you. We are purring for him to find his Forever Family.

Stay warm, all of you! (we hear cuddling torties is a great way to do so!:) )

Life With Dogs said...

How kind of you to take him in! And I can relate to the cold thing...