Sunday, December 28, 2008

Stray Cats Welcome Here....

I don't know why every lost/stray cat finds its way to my door, but it just happens. My NH parents even bought me a sign that I hung in the garage that says " Stray Cats Welcome Here", and it seems to have worked.
After returning Friday night from dinner, I exit the car to hear a cat crying and crying and crying. I assume that the cat is hurt and sprint off to the neighbors yard to find it in the dark. I am searching through the neighbors bushes hoping that he doesn't come out and find me in his yard (he is the neighborhood crank). When I realize the meow is now coming from above my head. I look up and lo and behold the cat is on the roof! I think he jumped from a tree, but there is no way to jump back. I run home and beg my husband to go to the Crank's door and get the cat down. He does (he knows better :-), and the Crank actually helps by holding the ladder. We let the cat go and assume that is it safe and will go home.
Then, Sat. night I exit the car again and hear the same crying, this time he is sitting in another neighbors driveway just sounding so sad and alone. I make kissie noises and he runs right up to me for some loving. All the while my husband is saying "don't do it, don't, don't! Oh no, please don't feed it!!" Well of course I couldn't resist and the kittie gobbled it right up. I left the garage door open a few inches in case he needed to come in overnight (thunderstorms were approaching). This morning he is sitting in my yard looking for breakfast, and of course I feed his sweet face again.
I am in the process of hanging some found kitty signs, hoping that he was someone's Christmas Present that got a little lost on his first venture out at his new home.
Wish me luck, sweet as he is, I don't really need a 6th cat!

4 comments:

Lux said...

Bless your heart for helping that poor kitty. I hope he has a good forever home with beans who are deperately looking for him, for your sake.

Best wishes!

BeadedTail said...

I'm so glad the kitty found it's way to your house. I hope he is just lost and has a home to go to and hopefully they keep him inside from now on. Thank you for taking care of the kitty!

Daisy said...

Thanks for looking out for the kitty!

Forever Foster said...

Hello! It is very nice to meet you:)
It is great that this kitty has you looking out for him. It sounds like he needs someone to act as an advocate for him.

Congratulations on your two adoptions in four days! That is a wonderful achievement!