Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jersey Saga..

You remember the dog torn-up soccer jersey story? Well, I work with some of the craftiest people you could imagine and brought it in to work thinking surely it can't be that hard to fix. For me yes, but for most of them, an easy project indeed. I knew it probably wouldn't look pretty, but as long as it was held together it would work. I hung it on the wall with a sign begging for help. All of my crafty friends laughed and thought it was unfixable.
And then out of nowhere, just when I thought it was an item for the trashcan, one of my sweet students sweet Mommas brought it to me and told me she was a "pretty good seamstress" and thought she could fix it.

She called me and let me know it was ready today, and I just picked it up. Let me tell you, that woman is not "pretty good", she is a MIRACLE WORKER!! She was a little nervous wondering if it was good enough. It is a million times better than I ever thought that poor jersey could look
again! I cannot thank her enough!
Here is the before:
An up close shot of the stitching.....
The completed surgery!

No comments: